Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Texture Tuesday {Warmth Edition}


I so want to master textures!  I guess I need to take one of Kim Klassen's e-courses! I should definitely add that to my to-do list.  But for now, this is what I've got....

This week's theme at Texture Tuesday was WARMTH.  
It was a hot sticky, 92 degrees when I was out taking this.
How's that for WARMTH?

035aa

I used Kim's texture Phoebe at 50 % pin light.  I think it gave it a nice hazy look, and also gave it a little border at the same time. I LOVE borders.

As always, I can't wait to see everyone else's work! Always inspiring!

I'm also linking up with Sweet Shot Tuesdays. Fun stuff....


Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

kimklassencafe       Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried pin light! Thank you!

    Beautiful photo - love the angle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely effect! (And I love the title of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, pretty! I'd never even heard of using pin light before, so I'm gonna have to look into that. (It'll take me a while though, since I'm using GIMP and not Photoshop. It's been impossible finding tutorials like I want b/c they're all for Photoshop).

    And I agree with PrairieJill. I love the name of your blog! Lol!

    Kristin

    PS - I hear ya about this Texas heat. It reached 96 degrees (plus that darn humidity) here today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post, I love to take pictures too!Newest follower via blog hop! Glad I found you! Please follow back!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty, Shannon! Love the pin light. A lot! And your sweet little border, too! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image! The pin light blend worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo and editing. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a thoughtful comment.

    Hope you are having a great Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to learn textures too! However, there are so many things on my to-do list that I avoid even looking at it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I used "Phoebe" too! I'd love to take one of Kim's courses one day as well, but for now it's fun just experimenting. Your photo is beautiful! I love the way the violet and the gold play off one another--one of my favorite color combinations! And thanks for visiting my blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments =) And I try my best to respond to each and every one! Thanks for taking the time to leave me bloggy love!